Breakfast or lunch? Courtesy of the nice folks at The Balanced Platter.
Zucchini Pie With Cilantro, Cumin and Lime
Create about 8 cups of zucchini noodles, from 3 to 6 zucchini, depending on their size. You can use a cheese grater or a food processor with the julienne slicer setting.
Steam the zucchini noodles just until they are tender and have reduced in size.
- Let the zucchini noodles cool in a mesh strainer, then put them in a clean dry kitchen towel, and squeeze most of the water out of them. Set them aside.
Add to a mixing bowl:
3/4 cup almond flour (I used THIS one)
1/4 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Combine the above.
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 whisked egg and the squeezed zucchini noodles.
Gently work everything together with your hands.
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a large oven-safe pan (I use cast iron) on the stovetop over low/medium heat.
- When the pan is heated add a tablespoon of oil or Earth Balance Buttery Spread.
Place the zucchini mixture into the pan and spread it out with a fork (it wont spread out on its own).
- Turn the heat to medium and cook for about ten minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Crack four eggs over the top and carefully transfer it to the oven.
- Bake for about ten minutes.
- Top with more fresh squeezed lime juice and cilantro.