And for your meal, from the nice folks at PaleoGrubs.com:
Homemade Paleo Coleslaw
- ½ head green cabbage
- ½ head purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ¼ cup white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup homemade paleo mayonnaise
- This recipe serves approximately 8 people.
- Dice or shred both half heads of cabbage.
- Place into a large bowl with shredded carrots, mix well.
- Add in vinegar and mayonnaise, mix well.
- Add in all seasonings (adding more or less to taste), and mix until cabbage and carrot mixture is fully coated.
- Serve and enjoy! Covering and placing in the fridge for about an hour before serving will allow the flavors to fully mature.