Endive, Watercress and Radish Salad With Walnuts and Goat Cheese
2 heads endive, broken into leaves
1 bunch watercress, trimmed
1/2 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup toasted* walnuts, roughly chopped
2 ounces goat cheese – optional (ideally raw and pastured), crumbled
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and toast the walnuts on a sheet pan for about 10 minutes.
2. Arrange the endive leaves on a serving platter.
3. Scatter the watercress on top of the endive.
4. Add the thinly sliced radishes.
5. Top with the toasted walnuts and crumbled goat cheese (optional)
6. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and pour on the salad.
7. Toss and serve.